Wednesday 6 May 2020

Twice Baked Potato




I have a new favourite meal, cheesy Baked Potato with no cheese!  What is the secret ingredient, it is hummus!



This is not really a recipe but a method.

Simply take your potato, I used my fave - Agria, bake it as usual till it is soft and the skin  is nice and crunchy.  Cut the potato in half and scoop out the potato leaving the crunchy shell. 

 Now the magic happens, take your hummus, plain or flavoured (I used pumpkin and kumara) and add it to the mashed potato to your taste, I used about 2 desert spoons, but it can be more or less, it is en entirely up to you. Season with salt and pepper.  

Put the mix back into the shells and if desired add a topping of breadcrumbs with a tsp of nutritional flakes and drizzle with olive oil.  Put bake in oven and cook till the top is crunchy about 10 mins at 200C.

Serve with a salad, it was so delish that I got greedy and ate both halves, and it was a big potato!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Green Vegetable Fritters (Vegetarian)

  Fritters have always been part of my family's diet.  When Mum got out the chopping board and the remains of the Sunday Roast we knew ...