Monday 10 September 2018

Stuffed Kumara



I just love Kumara (Sweet Potato).  One of quick standbys is stuffed kumara with left overs, dhal is nice, in my pee-vegetarian days I loved them with coleslaw and cottage cheese.  My favourite way now is stuffed with a mix of mushrooms, capsicum and olives.  I sometimes add some cubes of tofu or a non-vegan option is to add feta cheese.



Ingredients

1 large kumara
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 spring onion sliced
10 cm piece of celery diced small (optional)
¼ capsicum diced
3 - 4 stoned black olives
sprig parsley
Olive oil

Place kumara in oven at 380 degrees and bake till soft about ¾ hour. While baking fry the capsicum, celery, onion in olive oil till soft, add mushroom and parsley, fry for further 5 minutes, add olives.
Slit open the kumara and place mix in, return to oven and bake a further 10 minutes, this allows the mix to sink its juices into the kumara.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Green Vegetable Fritters (Vegetarian)

  Fritters have always been part of my family's diet.  When Mum got out the chopping board and the remains of the Sunday Roast we knew ...